Chicken Quesadilla with Black Bean Salsa
4 large flour tortillas
3 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a 10- to 12-inch skillet; add olive oil and saute onion slices until soft.
3. Add garlic and saute; transfer to a bowl. Combine shredded chicken with cooked onion, garlic, and cheese.
4. Take one large flour tortilla and place it in a new pan and warm both sides.
5. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla. Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese.
6. Flip once and reduce the heat to low. Cook until cheese is melted.
7. Remove from the pan; cut into wedges.
Black Bean Salsa
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 small package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1/2 avocado, peeled and diced
1/2 onion, diced
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Add salt, pepper, and lime juice.
2. Serve with the chicken quesadilla.
INSIDE Food & Recipe
Packaged food maker Sara Lee Corp reported lower-than-expected quarterly earnings on Thursday a...
(AlertNet) - Her bare feet coated with mud, Sabena Gitau trudged down the rain-sodden hillside ...
Chef Juan Mari Arzak has done much to put Spain's culinary heritage on the map and aims to...
Danish restaurant Noma was crowned the world's best restaurant for the third year in a row...
We've all been famished at the airport gate, but sometimes there're not enough minutes to grab a bite to eat.
Chefs & Restaurants
KFC ROUTE 25, the world’s first KFC fully-stocked whiskey bar, has opened on April 25 near the...